News and Events
Prodigy II 14.5 Tandem Launches
Aug 04, 2010
We set out to build our newest tandem kayak with one goal in mind – pure fun. A great tandem is more than a solo kayak with an extra seat, it's a unique experience in performance, design, and comfort with families and partners in mind.
The Perception Prodigy II 14.5 delivers on the promise. Redesigned from top to bottom, it’s inspired by the popular recreational Prodigy hull, but with a rocker profile focused on speed, tracking, and minimized noise when paddling through flat water and light currents.
Most importantly, ergonomics and comfort are a must. The all-new tandem outfitting features a pair of ultra-comfortable Zone DLX seats with thigh padding for both paddlers, plus multiple adjustment options including a new "on the fly" movable bow seat and foot brace design with the addition of an adjustable stern foot brace system. Whether paddling solo or tandem, with pets, kids, or adults, this outfitting can be configured perfectly for any outing.
This unique tandem also features a new, sleek deck styling and is offered in a complete set of fun, bright Perception colors and fades. From relaxing, to birdwatching, to camping, the Prodigy II 14.5 is the tandem that paddlers will be asking about.
Features and Benefits:
* Performance hull with stability, speed, and tracking
* Bow and sweeping rocker shape for quiet paddling
* Redesigned tandem outfitting featuring premium Zone dLX seating and thigh pads
* Kid's seat
* Roomy, open cockpit with plenty of storage space
* Available in rudder version with easily convertible foot brace attachments
* Bow and stern adjustable foot braces
* Sleek hull design
* 10” rear storage hatch
* Stern bulkhead
* Standard skid plate to reduce wear
* Easy to carry and car top
* Max Capacity: 550 lbs / 249 kg
* Length: 14’ 6”/ 442 cm
* Width: 31.25” / 79 cm
* Deck height: 15.75” / 40 cm
* Boat weight: 73 lbs / 33 kg
* Cockpit Length: 90” / 229 cm
* Cockpit width: 22.75” / 58 cm
MSRP: $999 (with rudder $1219)